“Unflinchingly honest and remarkably candid, Matthew McConaughey’s book invites us to grapple with the lessons of his life as he did—and to see that the point was never to win, but to understand.”—Mark Manson, author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
I’ve been in this life for fifty years, been trying to work out its riddle for forty-two, and been keeping diaries of clues to that riddle for the last thirty-five. Notes about successes and failures, joys and sorrows, things that made me marvel, and things that made me laugh out loud. How to be fair. How to have less stress. How to have fun. How to hurt people less. How to get hurt less. How to be a good man. How to have meaning in life. How to be more me.
Recently, I worked up the courage to sit down with those diaries. I found stories I experienced, lessons I learned and forgot, poems, prayers, prescriptions, beliefs about what matters, some great photographs, and a whole bunch of bumper stickers. I found a reliable theme, an approach to living that gave me more satisfaction, at the time, and still: If you know how, and when, to deal with life’s challenges—how to get relative with the inevitable—you can enjoy a state of success I call “catching greenlights.”
So I took a one-way ticket to the desert and wrote this book: an album, a record, a story of my life so far. This is fifty years of my sights and seens, felts and figured-outs, cools and shamefuls. Graces, truths, and beauties of brutality. Getting away withs, getting caughts, and getting wets while trying to dance between the raindrops.
Hopefully, it’s medicine that tastes good, a couple of aspirin instead of the infirmary, a spaceship to Mars without needing your pilot’s license, going to church without having to be born again, and laughing through the tears.
It’s a love letter. To life.
It’s also a guide to catching more greenlights—and to realizing that the yellows and reds eventually turn green too.
|Format Type||:||eBook PDF / e-Pub|
|Category||:||Biographies & Memoirs, Books, Health, Mind & Body, Self-Improvement, Spirituality|
Snapchat is a creative and innovative picture messaging and multimedia application that was developed by Bobby Murphy, Evan Spiegal and Reggie Brown. They were all former students of Stanford University and they created the company Snap Inc. which was originally known as Snapchat Inc. The main idea Greenlights epub books
There are times when you need to get a proper computer or laptop in order to get things done. In line with this, it would be wonderful to try out the best that you possibly can in line with it. This means that there are a lot of different brands out there, but you should go for the one that fits you Greenlights epub / PDF Books
If you are into cars, then one of the things that you should not miss would be the Tesla Cybertruck. It is one of the three models that has been announced and has been developed to give you the need for speed that you are looking for. It is designed to have the benefits of a truck in terms of space Greenlights pdf books
Main Story: Mayor Nakano green-lights the Magistrate pilot program for Gotham City as Batman goes toe-to-toe with the augmented and bloodthirsty Peacekeeper-01! Its a brutal battle for the ages, but what secrets does Harley Quinn hold about the man beneath the armor, Sean Mahoney? And how does this Greenlights epub / PDF Books
Former pararescue jumper Orion Starr is haunted by the memory of a rescue gone wrong. He may be living alone in Alaska now, but the pain of his failure--and his injuries--has followed him there from Afghanistan. He has no desire to join Hamilton Jones's elite rescue team, but he also can't shirk his Greenlights epub books
Apple is known as one of the major trendsetters in the industry and that is why everything is always anticipating everything that they are releasing. In line with this, it is especially important to make sure that you are going to do things right and just make the most out of them. Now, this can be Greenlights pdf booksGreenlights
- On the Rocks (A Ruby Steele Mystery—Book 1) | Books by Mia Gold
- Blue Moon | Books by Lee Child
- Breathless in Love | Books by Bella Andre & Jennifer Skully
- Edge of Eternity | Books by Ken Follett
- Never Forget (Memories, #1) | Books by Emma Hart
- The Choices I've Made | Books by J.L. Berg
- Ethan Frome | Books by Edith Wharton
- The Silent Wife | Books by A. S. A. Harrison
- When You're Ready | Books by J.L. Berg
- Midnight in Death | Books by J. D. Robb
- Ice Blue | Books by Emma Jameson
- Thinking, Fast and Slow | Books by Daniel Kahneman
- Reckless Longing | Books by Gina Robinson
- Gone the Next | Books by Ben Rehder
- Use of Force | Books by Brad Thor
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette | Books by Maria Semple
- Lone Survivor | Books by Marcus Luttrell & Patrick Robinson
- Arena 1: Slaverunners (Book #1 of the Survival Trilogy) | Books by Morgan Rice
- He's the Man | Books by M. Malone
- The Midnight Library | Books by Matt Haig
- Worth Dying For | Books by Lee Child
- The Last Anniversary | Books by Liane Moriarty
- Alpha | Books by Jasinda Wilder